Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Egali...what?

There is a term that is not new... which refers to the equality in a marriage! Egalitarian vs complementarian! I was doing a little Google searching on this topic and came across a plethora of sides (so to speak), on how we should interpret the scriptures to define our 'roles' as men and women. I never truly gave it much thought, until I started reading Rachel Held Evans book (see virtual book club). Dan and I are both pretty easy going and when a big decision has to be made, we usually talk it over...but due to this book, I am intrigued!

I found this seemingly unbiased article, over at Patheos. Adrian Warnock takes the broad spectrum of 'camps', so that we can make a more well rounded approach to this discussion. Check out his article, I am curious as to what category we think we fall into. Don't feel pressured to put your label out there, but would you be willing to discuss it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment