Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Readjustment!

So awhile back I wrote a post about how Dan and I had a series of discussions dealing with me doing to much! Here is an update.

I love homeschooling Holden for preschool. I especially love that all of my pins on Pinterest were going to good use! However, after careful consideration and thought, I decided to put him back in the classroom. He was doing great with everything, he even looked forward to that "school" time each day, but my concern was the "socialization". Holden had progressed so well socially last year at preschool. I mean he was coming out of his shell, playing with new kids on the playground...he was comfortable (he still needs to be warmed up to a new place, but he eventually does).

It turns out I'm the kind of woman who gets something in her head, decides and does it that day! So on Tuesday, I decided to go to the preschool down the street from our house and see if anyone had dropped out of the program. Sure enough the lady said that there was a spot....so, I signed him up right there! His first day was yesterday, and he loved it! I told that I would be working in the classroom, but that it would not be for awhile...he said "that's ok mom, I like to be by myself there." Basically "mom, it turns out I really don't need you" :) I know that's not what he was saying, but for a momma's boy, I was happy that he enjoyed this preschool!

I did tell him that on the days that he did not have school, that we could do "homeschool":) It turns out I'm fun! His favorite are the science projects. Here is one of the bubble projects for B week.



So now you ask, "what will you do with your time, now that you have three days with no kids?" Are you kidding me? I have plenty to fill my time with :) I think first things first though, I need to organize my house!!!! So if you see me pinning a bunch of home organized pins, ask me if I'm actually using them!

Having Holden in preschool, has also made Dan a little more comfortable with the idea of me being a Brownie Troop leader...I think! My first training is this coming Tuesday night. I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment