Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pinterest Cooking!

My week of Pinterest cooking went...okay. I had fun making new things, but the kids were not that impressed! I realize that the link I used did not work, so here are the individual links to the recipes I used:
Chicken Rollatini , Fajitas, Mac and Cheese and Gluten Free Crepes (I didn't get to these)

Fajitas were tasty! Joss ate the steak and I cut up some fruit, Holden was being a punk and asserting his "authority" by refusing to eat (actually all week)! I made him eat a couple bites of steak and he ate some raw bell pepper slices.

The Chicken Rollatini was scrumptious! My husband and I were wowed with the flavor. Joss loved it and when I told the green stuff was shredded zucchini, she said 'I didn't even know I liked zucchini!' (10 points for mom) Holden had refused again and I had to make him eat it:( He cried, he screamed, he sat in time out....I told him that he could not do anything until he ate all of his chicken. I did allow him to scrap off the cheesy zucchini stuffing! Still a fight...it wasn't until he saw Joslyn and I playing heads or tails with a coin that he finished his dinner, so he could join us. Who knew?!?

Macaroni and cheese was supposed to be a real hit....due to the time change I got a late start on it! We ended up eating at 8PM (eek!) and I think I was not patient enough for all of the cheese to melt. It took what seemed like an eternity since I was so hungry. I thought it the taste was great, but the texture was strange. I see a redemption night in the near future!

Pizza night was yummy! I did actually post pictures for that night....come on don't be hard on me, I'm still new at this thing!

Instead of eating out at our thai restaurant, we went to the brand new In 'n Out that opened up down the street from our house:) Dangerously close!

Instead of crepes on Saturday, we had corned beef and cabbage sliders at my cousin's engagement party!

Sunday was supposed to be the mystery night and we actually had ESPN Zone with my family!

It's always fun to mix things up...although this week we went back to our staples! Check it out next week when I go on a mission to use foodie blogs for my recipes. I wonder if the average mom can pull them off and have their kids like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment