Monday, March 12, 2012

Pinterest for Recipes

Today I am planning my menu for the week! I am not super consistent with this practice, but every now and then I like to change it up. This week my goal is to use recipes that I have found on Pinterest. Due to a budget, I have to use what I already have. So this is more of a tester of new recipes. In my pantry is Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Mix, Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread, as well as some salad ingredients.

I do have a lot of recipes already pinned, but most of them are full of carbs, full of cheese or full of sugar. Most of the time I think I repin these recipes and imagine eating them:) Well today I am on a quest to find healthier options for dinners this week...they have to be gluten free as well. Oh yah...my kids have to like it too! I will probably modify some of the dishes with ingredients I already have or to make it husband safe (gluten free)

(took a break to find them)

Here is what I am going to try to cook and wow my family with:

Monday night my daughter has a dance class, so I need something easy. I will be making Fajitas!

Tuesday night I will make Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella (that was a mouthful).

Wednesday night my son has baseball, so again I need something easy. I will be making leftover chicken and salad, with mac and cheese for the kids.

Thursday night I will be making Pizza with toppings I already have.

Friday night my daughter has another dance class, so we will probably eat out at our favorite Thai Restaurant Panvimarn.

Saturday night I will attempt to make gluten free crepes filled with eggs, cheese and mushrooms.

Sunday will be a mystery! (I guess whatever I have leftover)

Here is a link to this week's menu board on pinterest.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment