Tuesday, April 3, 2012

M.I.A. Last Week!

Yes, I was M.I.A. last week! So here are some posts to catch up.... First off, I subscribed to a website called HARO. What a great website, you should definitely check it out! My favorite feature is an email they send out, about once a week with giftbag queries. People from all over the place can submit a request for your product to fill their gift bags or auction! Then you scroll through the list of requests and submit or pitch your product to them:) Of course it is a donation, but you get your name out there (sometimes with free press!)

Well, I decided that after getting this email for a couple of weeks that I was going to try to pitch my product. I submitted 3 different products to 5 different requests. Within 5 minutes I received a reply from 3 of them!!! Oh my goodness what did I get myself into...each event wanted 100-150 items! I am at the very start of my business, I don't even have 100 items, nor the materials! But being as optimistic as I am (translation--oblivious), I decided to go for it.

My first product I started is for a wedding planner event. 150 fluffy hair clips....except on the day that I was ready to send them, I decided to double check my deadlines with a hunch that this might not be the product that was due on April 1st. Was it? NO! 100 pinwheel hair clips due April 1st, at this point it is March 28th and I have 2 of them:) So I stayed up late (4:00 in the morning, I guess is early not late!), and finished all of them in one night and a day. I shipped them off drowsy and proud!

This week I ship off the wedding hair clips-deadline April 7th and then mini pocket notebooks-deadline April 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment